Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stupid Job!

Man, today was not what I expected. The alarm went off at 5:45. My quads were still tingly from the weekend and the L-A-S-T thing I wanted to do was sit on Blain. Even though I knew I should, sleep won, once again. But I know I have time to make it up later this week.

I go to work, typical morning. But I am 'acting' as my boss is out. Usually it only involves making sure everyone is in the office, and the occasional 'decision'. So when an issue arose around 10, and I was still in meetings, making calls, and researching the problem by 12:30, I was so happy to take a break and go for a run.

I come back, more issues. Around 4 someone came looking for me to solve another problem. At 5:30, another person had an issue that NEEDED TO BE SOLVED RIGHT NOW. Blah! I wanted to leave at 4:45 to hit the pool - which closes at 7 :-( So at 6:15, I walked out, not prepared for tomorrows meetings, not having that satisfied feeling. AND, no swim. Boo!

But the plus side is I made dinner - out of a box but it involved veggies. Will do my dishes (that haven't been done since last week...) fold laundry (won't say how long that has been lying around), hopefully finish my book (20-ish pages left) and go to bed early.

Tomorrow a brick.

No comments: