Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

I am sitting in the juror lounge, waiting to see if my number is called. I am really hoping it is not. Someday I wouldn't mind sitting on a jury, but not when I have 17 days until my race.

But, the good thing is I got a 2+ hour run in before I had to report. Because the sun did not raise until 6:27, I didn't feel like going any earlier, and this was about all the time I had to run, shower, and get to the building. Some people suggested I just show up smelling like "flowers" after my run to help guarantee not getting picked. It was tempting, but I showed anyway.

So now I am sitting, waiting and wishing I just get to spend the day reading and relaxing.

Ha, I just got scolded for being on my computer (blogging) and not paying attention to the orientation video. I have common sense; I know I need to report to work if I don't get picked for a jury and not to drink during my service.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought going to Jury Duty smelly was a brilliant idea...

Arin_C said...

I totally think you should drink during your service. If at all possible you should drink in the court room.