Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's Dark at 6:15 am

And how do I know... Because I actually rolled out of bed and got my self down to Hains Point to go biking. Yay me!! Right as I started, there were swarms of mosquitoes! Yuck! I haven't really noticed them too much out there. Not nearly as bad as they are in my Minnesota/Wisconsin days. But, they were still munching on my leg so that got me moving a bit quicker.

So I am biking around and I notice a sign "Wet ahead - National Park Service" - or something like that. Now I thought that was strange because on the news they were just saying we have only had a half inch of rain in the past month. So pedal pedal pedal and I see something up ahead... on no... a sprinkler. But not just one, they lined the entire side of the road. I spent the next 1.5 or so miles ducking, twisting, trying to maneuver around the water.

Good times. Not really... I didn't need more practice biking in wetness.

The morning finished with a 35 minute run. Remember the days when I complained about my high HR? Well, I could not get my HR up at all this morning. Biking, or running. I guess this just means my fitness level is so much better. Or I am not working hard enough...

1 comment:

TV Zombie said...

Still being dark at 6:30 is exactly why I was so cranky yesterday morning!