Thursday, August 28, 2008

It Must Be the Tan Lines

75 degree and cloudy is cold when swimming in a 50M outdoor pool. Really, it is.
But, I made kick butt time getting to the pool - still loving this August in DC, and there were 4 people lap swimming. 4!! I get to a lane and about to hop in and this guy looks at me a says "triathlon?" I say yes. I mean really, who else is going to be at a pool on a cloudy, drizzly Thursday evening if they weren't training for something. But then I look down at my legs and notice the blinding white that is my thighs - above my shorts line. After I got a great tip on sunblock, things were getting better - or so I thought. Oh well.

After my swim, I hopped on Blain for a quick ride. My body still isn't reacting great to chlorine, so I had some good snot rocket practice. But, it didn't go so well.
  • First one - Somehow did this funky U turn up and I think onto my helmet.
  • Second - Smack on my right shoulder
  • Third - My chain fell off again (boo) so I took the non-wind opportunity. Smack on my left shin.
  • Fourth - Good out of the right nostril
  • Fifth - tried to stay in aero, which was successful. But, it landed on my arm, so not successful
  • Sixth - On the back of my glove.
Stopped counting after this. 1 out of 7 was good enough.

But over all, it was a good 2 workouts. I am still not feeling that gloriously restfulness I was hoping for - but maybe in the next 9 days.

Ha! 9 days!!

2 comments:

Arin_C said...

White skin? That's odd because I usually get a nice golden brown when I am outside for awhile.

Amanda said...

Yes.. my brother who the good genes in the family. Tans so nicely and never bruises where as I look like a tomato or bruised peach.