Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Wasn't Picked!

Woo-Hoo!! I went through 2 jury pool picks and made it out of both. This is the first time I haven't been put on the panel to 'interview' with the judge!

That meant that I got home at a reasonable hour, met up with Jen and Rachna for dinner and saw Disney's The Lion King at the Kennedy Center. I always like hanging out with them. We met training for the Marine Corps marathon so they 'get' what I am doing - well, as close as you can get.
Also not being on jury duty means I can do my workouts for the rest of the week.

Today's easy 35 minute run was good. But my legs are really REALLY feeling tired. I just keep thinking how little time I have left and how everything counts.

And I am starting my lists. Swim, swim to bike, bike, bike special needs, bike to run, run, run special needs... so much!

2 comments:

Rosey said...

Just found your blog, very entertaining and very inspiring. Shows you have done a lot of hard work and in a few weeks it will all be put to good practise. As your coach says, missing the odd session won't make or break the ironman.
I am coming over to do IMWI from the UK and am looking forward to the race and the people, if the majority are as focused as you for their first one, it will be a very good day for a lot of people, have fun in the build up, use the taper properly and have a great race. I will be the one wearing the pirate skull and crossbones on bright yellow and the big smile, hard to miss.

Rosey.

Sara said...

Yay for not being picked!! That wouldn't added totally unnecessary stress!!

Wow you are going to be one busy girl in the next few weeks - exciting!!